Things to do in London this Christmas
East London is a vibrant and eclectic part of the city, full of unique neighborhoods and events. During the holiday season, there is no shortage of things to do in East London to get you in the festive spirit. Here are a few suggestions to add to your Christmas to-do list:
- Visit the Christmas markets: London is home to several festive markets, such as the Columbia Road Christmas Market and the Spitalfields Winter Festival. These markets feature stalls selling handmade gifts, decorations, and festive food and drink. It’s the perfect place to find unique gifts for loved ones and get into the holiday mood.
- Check out the Christmas lights: London has some impressive holiday light displays, including the famous Christmas lights on Oxford Street. Take a stroll through the neighborhood and admire the festive decorations on houses and shop windows.
- Go ice skating: There are several outdoor ice rinks in East London, such as the one at the Tower of London and the Canary Wharf Ice Rink. Grab some skates and hit the ice for a fun and festive activity.
- Take a festive walk: East London has plenty of picturesque neighborhoods to explore, such as the cobbled streets of Brick Lane or the historic houses of Spitalfields. Take a leisurely walk and soak up the festive atmosphere in these charming areas.
- Experience a traditional Christmas: The East End is known for its strong community spirit, and there are plenty of traditional Christmas events to experience. Head to the Old Truman Brewery for the Brick Lane Christmas Fair, where you can enjoy carol singing, mince pies, and handmade gifts.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, there is no shortage of things to do in East London this Christmas. From festive markets to traditional events, there is something for everyone in this diverse and vibrant part of the city.