The Essential Moving Day Checklist
Moving day can be a stressful and hectic experience, but with a bit of preparation and organisation, it can be a breeze. At Birchills Estate Agents, we want to make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible, which is why we’ve put together this essential moving day checklist to help you stay on track.
- Pack a moving day essentials box: This should include items such as toiletries, a change of clothes, any important documents, and any other items you’ll need on your first day in your new home.
- Disassemble any large furniture: This includes beds, desks, and any other furniture that will need to be taken apart in order to be moved. Make sure you have all the necessary tools and hardware to put them back together.
- Label all of your boxes: This will make it easier to find what you need when you’re unpacking and will also help the movers know which boxes need to go where.
- Pack a separate box for fragile items: This will help protect them during the move and make it easier to find them when you’re unpacking.
- Notify utility companies and service providers of your move: This includes your cable, internet, and phone provider, as well as any other services you use regularly.
- Make arrangements for your pets and plants: Make sure they have a safe place to stay on moving day and are taken care of during the move.
- Confirm the details of your move with the movers: Make sure you know what time they will arrive, what they will be moving, and any other details that are important to your move.
- Make sure you have enough moving supplies: This includes boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, and any other supplies you may need.
- Pack a separate box of cleaning supplies: This will make it easier to clean your old home before you leave and your new home after you move in.
- Take photos of your home before you leave: This will help you remember your old home and will also be helpful in case of any damage.
By following this checklist, you’ll be well on your way to a successful move. Remember, the most important thing is to stay organised and be prepared. If you have any questions or need help with your move, please don’t hesitate to contact Birchills Estate Agents. We’re here to help make your move as stress-free as possible.